A review of studies attempted to determine the time-course of the effects induced by testosterone replacement therapy from their first manifestation until maximum effects are attained.
This review found that:
· Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, no further increments beyond.
· Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months.
· Effects on quality of life manifest within 3-4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer.
· Effects on depressive mood appear after 3-6 weeks with a maximum after 18-30 weeks.
· First effects on erythropoiesis (increased red blood cells) after 3 months, peaking at 9-12 months.
· Prostate specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase related to aging rather than therapy.
· Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6-12 months.
. Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on glycemic control become evident only after 3-12 months.
· Changes in fat mass, lean body mass and muscle strength occur within 12-16 weeks, stabilize at 6-12 months, but marginally continue to improve over years.
. Effects on inflammation occur within 3 to 12 weeks.
· Effects on bone detectable after 6 months but continue at least for 3 years.
For information on how to prevent or reverse side effects of testosterone, click here:
The following graph shows how many weeks it may take for maximum results
Here are some tips and suggestions : Video: http://www.excelmale.com/content/15-...-Nelson-Vergel Diet: http://www.excelmale.com/showthread....Healthy-Eating Exercise: http://www.excelmale.com/showthread....-Exercise-Tips Exercise web sites: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html and http://www.myfit.ca/ Supplements: Zinc/Copper: One, twice a day with food (this supports healthy testosterone and...
'… Men don't cry. In clinic when a man cries, you can see it might be the first time he's cried in a long...
Most absorption of testosterone in testosterone gels happens during the first 4 hours. The 1.62 % Androgel package insert says this about showering after...