This panel is designed to measure the health and recovery of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis (HPTA) after attempting to normalize it spontaneously or with the use of Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT) with hCG, clomiphene and/or tamoxifen. PCT is prescribed by some physicians for men who stop testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids (AAS).
Testosterone replacement therapy and anabolic steroids can lead to HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis- shown in figure below) dysfunction. Supplemental testosterone can inhibit the release of the body’s own testosterone production through negative feedback inhibition on LH levels. This feedback inhibition also results in suppression of FSH levels, leading to suppression of sperm production (spermatogenesis).
It is suggested that this panel be done no sooner than 4 weeks after PCT cessation and in a fasting state (morning time)
– Sensitive Estradiol (E2) by Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS assay used to more accurately measure estradiol in men)
– Total and Free Testosterone [ Free T: direct analog/radioimmunoassay (RIA); Total T:electrochemiluminescence immunoassay (ECLIA) ]
– Luteinizing Hormone (LH) (Responsible for activating Leydig testicular cells to produce your own testosterone). This hormone is shut down by testosterone replacement or AAS.
– Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) (Responsible for activating Sertoli testicular cells to produce sperm). This hormone is shut down by testosterone replacement or AAS.
– CBC – Complete Blood Count (Includes hematocrit)
– CMP – Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (Includes liver and kidney function, glucose and electrolytes)
BUY POST PCT PANEL
Endocr Rev, Vol. 34 (03_MeetingAbstracts): MON-594 Evaluation of the efficacy of subcutaneous administration of testosterone in female to male transexuals and hypogonadal males FDA-approved indications for...
I know I sound like I'm a broken record, because it made a difference for me. I mean, when I had low testosterone, back in the horrible days, I couldn't even process information. I couldn't talk to my doctor. I couldn't advocate for myself. I was like a doormat. Eventually, obviously, people see the difference, and sometimes that can cause problems.
For a comparison of cash-based testosterone clinics in the United States, please visit: https://www.lowtestosterone.org/find-a-clinic/ This table summarizes the differences between men's health testosterone clinics on the...
Beyond TSH: Two New Studies Show Why Doctors Should Check Other Thyroid Hormones Many doctors only test thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) to determine thyroid function....